Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Danielle's Baby Shower!

Saturday was Danielle's baby shower, it turned out great!  It was short and sweet...just the way we like 'em! 

While we were setting up, we ran into a couple of problems...1.) Wal-mart couldn't find our cupcakes that we ordered, they finally did..thank goodness! 2.) We forgot the punch bowl and water pitcher, so we had to have one of Danielle's Aunts go get one for us...whew! 3.) People showed up way earlier than we thought they would, so they had to watch us finish setting up...oops! 

We started off by eating cupcakes and drinking punch (and can't forget the homemade cream cheese mints!), then we had Danielle sit in the middle of the room and start opening gifts.  In the middle we decided to break things up a bit and play a game (the only game, which was nice...who actually likes to play those cheesy games anyways?!).  We gave everyone 1.5 minutes to write down everything you might find in a diaper bag (we purchased the diaper bag and filled it full of goodies, and of course it was part of her gift).  After the 1.5 minutes we had Danielle go through the bag and name the items off.  I think her cousin won with 13 correct items...we gave her cousin a nice candle.  After that we finished up having her open the rest of her gifts, and then took pictures of Danielle and her Family.  Here are some pics to recap the day (not sure what going on with the pictures, even after editing them...my camera was being weird)!


Dessert Table

Maycee's sonograms and Baby Subway Tile I made her!

Vanilla and Chocolate Cupcakes with "Pacifiers" on top

Gift Table - she got a lot of nice things!
 
Danielle opening gifts

This was a cute outfit!
 
Diaper Bag game...Danielle going through everything!

Notice the wrapping paper (LOL!) and that has to be the
 biggest thing of Butt Paste I've ever seen!
 
Megan, Danielle, and I!

Danielle and her Dad (aka Grandpa Jim)
Yep, he crashed the party and I think he has Danielle beat!! LOL!


She had such a great time at her first shower (she has 2 more to go!), and Megan and I were very honored to have been able to throw it for her!  She looks absolutely gorgeous!!

Don't worry...tomorrow I'll show you the other project consisting of Chip Board Letters, and Friday I will show you how I made the Pacifier Cupcake Toppers.  Stay tuned... ;)

1 comment:

  1. those cupcakes looks amazing. it seems she had a great time. Baby showers are so fun.

    Write it in Lipstick

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)