Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pray for Joplin MO

I'm sure many of you have heard about the tragic tornado that ripped through Joplin Missouri Sunday.  Well this is something that is very near and dear to me...I have family that lives there.  My Aunt Diane and Uncle Randy live there, and their son Scott, wife Trisha, and 3 kids also live there.  Thankfully, my Aunt Diane was in Texas visiting their other son Troy and his family, and my Uncle Randy is fine.  Nothing happened to their home.  Trisha was on her way back from a gymnastic competition, so she wasn't home.  Scott and the kids had to take cover in their bathtub; their home was damaged, windows blown out, and Scott's pickup is completely gone.  We are so thankful they were not injured and are ok.  However there are several people that weren't this lucky, so I ask please continue to pray for the people in the city of Joplin.  Below are some websites that have helpful information on it if you would like to donate money, or other goods to help those in need.

http://prayforjoplin.com/ (or like them on facebook for updates: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/joplintornadoinfo)
Heart of Missouri United Way
Convoy of Hope
-OR- Text the word JOPLIN to 80888."  It will be a $10 donation fully going to the relief effort through the Salvation Army.

Prayers for Joplin and other areas effected by Tornadoes this year is "Priceless".
Thank you all and God Bless!

1 comment:

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)