Monday, June 18, 2012

Bite-sized Taco Cups

I'm sure you've seen these all over Pinterest, because I know I have!!  I pinned these awhile back to make, and finally last weekend I made them to take over to a pool party.  They were a hit, and so yummy!!  And not even to mention very easy to make...now that's my kind of appetizer!  So thank you Ginnerobot for posting these on your flikr account!


I found out that 1lb of hamburger will make 24 taco cups, which was plenty for the amount of people at the pool party.  However, there weren't any left, because we loved them sooo much!! :)

Ingredients:
1lb hamburger, browned & drained
1 packet taco seasoning (I used McCormick's 30% less sodium)
water for taco seasoning (stated on packet)
Wonton wrappers (at least 24 for 1lb of hamburger)
Shredded Taco Cheese blend
Toppings: Sour Cream, Lettuce, & Salsa (optional)

Directions:
1. Brown up hamburger, and drain.
2. Add in taco seasoning mix, along with the water, and cook as directed on taco seasoning packet.
3. Preheat oven to 350* and light spray mini muffin pan.
4. Place wonton wrapper into mini muffin pan, spoon in taco meat, and top with cheddar cheese.
5. Bake in the oven for 8 minutes. The wonton wrappers will be slightly crispy.
6. Top with a little lettuce, sour cream, and salsa. Enjoy!

Next time I think I will add in some black beans, or even put some refried beans on the bottom or top.  I think that would make them the ultimate taco cup!

Notes: I made them a few hours before I knew we would eat. I covered them on put them in the fridge, and reheated them once we were ready to eat.  They tasted just like they did the first time out of the oven.  However, I wouldn't let them sit too long or over night, I think the wonton wrapper will get too soggy.  I also put the toppings off to the side, and let people add them if they wanted them. 

the one in the right hand corner without lettuce & sour cream
is all mine!! I did put salsa on the ones I ate though!
I love the condiment server, I got that at my KC bridal shower!!
It's from Crate & Barrel, I believe.


Now I have some wonton wrappers left; what are your favorite things to make with them?  I wanna hear it!!!



3 comments:

  1. These are super fun. I can't wait to try.

    throughbetsyslookingglass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really neat. I am going to have to make some for my guests next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing!! Yum. I don't have anything on hand to make them but next time we are grocery shopping I am picking up everything to make them!

    Stopping by from Transformation Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)