Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Grandma's 80th Birthday Party

I just wanted to share a few pictures from my weekend...

Friday night I headed back to my {small} hometown to visit, and for my Grandma Jean's 80th birthday party on Saturday.  Friday night I decorated a cake and cupcakes for her party, it was a lot of fun!  Saturday, me, Ashley, and my sister in-law got our first pedi of the season!  I ended up with bright pink toes with the new crackle finish in black!  It's really fun and different, and that's what I like about it.  It was so nice...my toes needed some attention!

Ashley and Kelli, getting our toes did!
After we got back to town, we headed out to a shooting range/lodge for her party.  It was supposed to be a surprise party, but she said Grandpa doesn't do a very good job lying!  LOL!  But she was still a little surprised, and some of the family wasn't able to get there until right before supper so she was really surprised then!  It was a nice a little party; caught up with family, most of the guys shot clay pigeons, had an awesome supper, and amazing dessert!  I was there solo, D had something pop up a couple days before hand.  Everyone missed him, but all in all it was a good time!


My cousin Scott's daughter, Merideth...such a cutie!


Grandma & Merideth...awesome picture!
 
Merideth fast asleep in Grandma's arms!

The yummy dessert, courtesy of me!
Chocolate-Fudge Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Buttercream,
White Cake with Vanilla Frosting (grandma's fav!)
Chocolate Surprise Filled Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting
 
These were a huge hit!
I didn't have time to put the reeses pb cups on top like I wanted too.
 

These were pretty tasty too, especially after being frozen!


Happy Birthday!
 
Opening her cards


Jen and Chevelle!

Chevelle...so adorable!
Sunday it was my Grandpa Howard's birthday, so Bernie and I went over to see him and my Grandma Jo.  We took him over a yummy cupcake, he sure loved that!  It was really good to see them as well.  Sunday late afternoon Bernie and I headed home, we were exhausted!  Dustin also came home Sunday night, which was so nice to see him...I really did miss him!

1 comment:

  1. Your cupcakes look delish! Great job :)

    You should have showed us your toes!! I keep hearing about the crackle, but it's sold out EVERYWHERE! Did you like it??

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)