Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hershey's Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Last Wednesday night I made some Chocolate Chip Cookies for our State Bowling trip this past weekend, and I've got to say they are the best I've ever made!  Normally when I make them, they turn out hard and flat.  This time they were chewy and soft, which to me is the best kind!!  I got the recipe right off the back of Hershey's Milk Chocolate Chips package.  This is one I will keep around and make from here on out, seriously!  Instead of using a regular table spoon to scoop the dough out, I used an ice cream scoop.  I think that also helped them not be so flat, they were "fluffy"!  The girls at bowling loved them so much, there aren't any left!  It made 3 dozen instead of 5 like it says, but they were probably making really small cookies and I don't like really small cookies!

Ingredients:
2 sticks butter, softened
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups (one 11.5oz pkg) Hershey's Milk Chocolate Chips
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2-1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chopped nuts (optional) - I didn't put any nuts in mine

Directions:
1. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until creamy.
2. Add eggs; beat well.
3. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
4. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired (don't user mixer for this part)
5. Scoop dough using and ice cream scoop and drop dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.

Tip: Use parchment paper on your cookie sheets to prevent cookies from sticking!  It's so much easier to get the cookies moved over onto your wire rack!  My cookies were perfect at 10 min, but I checked them at 8 min.

***UPDATE*** I made these for our wedding reception April 28th, 2012, and there weren't any left. I had them up at the candy bar. There were over 100 cookies, along with a bunch of candy!! So you can bet these are a crowd pleaser!!

Scooped out dough, ready to bake!
  
Fresh outta the oven!

Look at all those delicious cookies!
Nom nom nom...

the PERFECT snack!!


Do you like to dunk your cookies in milk?!



Linking up to...
At Home With Haley
It's A Blog Party
Peas & Crayons - What I Ate Wednesday
The Sisters of the Wild West
The Girl Creative
The Shabby Chic Cottage
What Allie's Making Now
Somewhat Simple
Paisley's Passions
Not So Homemade 
Just A Girl

8 comments:

  1. YUM! I love cookies! Yours look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I have one? please? hehe!

    looks great! both the recipes you made for the party do! Happy WIAW!!!!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum I need cookies and milk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look perfect ... I think I'll need to make some soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. milk is a staple with cookies! Can't one without the other .)

    I'd love to have you stop by and link up for my new Blog Party.
    Make & Share
    Friday - Saturday .)

    ~ Christy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! thoe look delicious!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm pretty sure I could become the cookie monster. Why are chocolate chip cookies so perfect?! Thanks for linking up on Recipe I Can't Wait to Try!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)