2 sticks butter, softened
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups (one 11.5oz pkg) Hershey's Milk Chocolate Chips
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2-1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chopped nuts (optional) - I didn't put any nuts in mine
1. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until creamy.
2. Add eggs; beat well.
3. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
4. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired (don't user mixer for this part)
5. Scoop dough using and ice cream scoop and drop dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
Tip: Use parchment paper on your cookie sheets to prevent cookies from sticking! It's so much easier to get the cookies moved over onto your wire rack! My cookies were perfect at 10 min, but I checked them at 8 min.
***UPDATE*** I made these for our wedding reception April 28th, 2012, and there weren't any left. I had them up at the candy bar. There were over 100 cookies, along with a bunch of candy!! So you can bet these are a crowd pleaser!!
|Scooped out dough, ready to bake!|
|Fresh outta the oven!|
|Look at all those delicious cookies! |
Nom nom nom...
|the PERFECT snack!!|
Do you like to dunk your cookies in milk?!
Linking up to...
At Home With Haley
It's A Blog Party
Peas & Crayons - What I Ate Wednesday
The Sisters of the Wild West
The Girl Creative
The Shabby Chic Cottage
What Allie's Making Now
Not So Homemade
Just A Girl