Wednesday, April 6, 2011

{Zucchini Bread} French Toast

A couple weeks ago I made a some Heavenly Zucchini Bread, yep my Great Grandma Elsie's recipe, just for fun.  I was craving it, and the store actually had a couple decent sized Zucchini's, so I grabbed them up.  It was so yummy, I ate it for Breakfast and Snack, I just couldn't stop!  We had some left when we went out of town for D's Godson's birthday party, so by the time we got back it wasn't as fresh as it was the week before.  I really didn't want to throw it away.  I mean it's tooooo good to waste, right?  So I got thinking that it would make some awesome french toast, and man was I right!!!  And who doesn't love Breakfast for Supper?!  I also fried up some bacon to go along with it.  You can use a whole loaf if you're feeding more than 2 people, half loaf (what I used and what the recipe below is for), or even just a couple pieces.  Check it out...

{Zucchini Bread} French Toast, sprinkled with Cinnamon and covered in Syrup!

Ingredients:
Zucchini Bread, cut (wayy better if made from scratch, but can be store bought)
3 Eggs, beaten
1/2 cup Milk
1/2 tsp Vanilla
Pinch of Cinnamon (or more if you love cinnamon like me!! :))

Directions:
1. Melt some butter in a cast iron skillet (or regular skillet) over Medium heat.
2. In a pie plate, beat Eggs and Milk together.
3. Add in Vanilla and Cinnamon, stir together.
4. Take a piece of Zucchini Bread and place it into Egg mixture, let it soak up the mixture a bit, and flip.
5. After both sides are covered, place into heated skillet.
6. Flip after the first side is browned, and repeat.

After it's done, sprinkle with some extra Cinnamon on top, like I did with Cinnamon-licious Pancakes and cover with your favorite syrup!  Enjoy!


Mmm...so yummy!


Linking up to...
At Home With Haley
It's A Blog Party
Peas & Crayons - What I Ate Wednesday
The Sisters of the Wild West
The Girl Creative
The Shabby Chic Cottage
What Allie's Making Now
Somewhat Simple
Paisley's Passions
Not So Homemade 
Just A Girl

4 comments:

  1. This looks so very good!! I love zucchini bread. Making into french toast is an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmmmy! Kayla you're like a chef genuis! :)

    Also...yes, those were deffinitely your pants!! She LOVES that outfit and I'm not kidding when I say she's probably worn it more than any of ther other 18 month clothes. It works so well because it's elastic and fits her ever expanding little belly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that looks SO yummy! I LONG for breakfast foods that can have syrup on them... Maybe in another life :)
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how french toast can recreate a loaf of bread that you thought was a gonner. ;-) This sounds super yummy. Thanks for linking up on Recipes I Can't Wait to Try!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)