Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tortellini Soup

I love me some soup on a cold night!  Monday night it was pretty cold, getting ready for more snow to move in overnight.  Which, btw I'm not impressed...I WANT SPRING!  However, this soup was perfect-o for a cold night in!!  My friend Danielle gave me the recipe awhile back and I finally decided to share it with you all(my 2nd time making it).  It's has a little kick from the rotel and other seasonings I added, but yum!  It's pretty simple, you're gonna love it!


Seasonings for Hamburger (optional)

Ingredients:
1 lb Hamburger
1 box of Beef Broth
1 can of French Onion soup
1 can of Rotel
1 can of French-Cut Green Beans, drained (I just used regular Green Beans)
1 can of Corn, drained
2 bags of Cheese Tortellini (I used about 3/4 of a 20oz bag, they are normally 9oz bags or so)

Seasonings for hamburger (all to taste, optional): Salt, Pepper, Minced Onion, Crushed Red Pepper, Garlic Salt, and Italian Seasoning

Toppings for soup (optional): Italian blend cheese, and a little Italian Seasoning.

Directions:
1. Brown hamburger and add in seasonings, drain off grease.
2. Add everything into a large pot, except the tortellini's, and heat together.
3. Once it's hot, add in your tortellini's, cook for an additional 10 minutes on medium-high heat (a slight boil) until the tortellini's are done.
4. Get your bowl, top with some Italian Cheese and a sprinkle of Italian Seasoning!  It's ready to eat!

Brown Hamburger and drain off grease

Add everything into a large pot, except Tortellini's
Add in Tortellini and cook for an additional 10 min.

Sprinkle with some Italian Cheese and Italian Seasoning, and ENJOY!


Sorry for the crappy pictures, my normal camera was dead so I used my phone.

If you're a fan of Tortellini's, be sure to check out the Tortellini Pasta Bake made with Vodka Sauce that I made awhile back!!


Linking up to...
At Home With Haley
It's A Blog Party
Peas & Crayons - What I Ate Wednesday
The Girl Creative
The Shabby Chic Cottage
What Allie's Making Now
Somewhat Simple
Paisley's Passions
Not So Homemade 
Just A Girl

3 comments:

  1. This looks so good!!! Definitely bowl licking worthy. ;-) BTW, check this out http://bit.ly/f0w5qs and send me your info. athomewithhaley at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks excellent!

    Would you like to submit this to presto pasta nights this week? I am hosting this week, details are on my blog. I would love to add this to the round up on Friday, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that looks really yummy! Thank you for the recipe!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)