Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Subway Tile

Friday after work I decided not to do Zumba, because I'm lazy I wanted to work on my Spring Tile that I started back in January at my cousin's house.  That is when I also created the Faith Family Friends Tile for my Mom.  I knew it was time to stop procrastinating and just do it, especially because Spring is here (or supposed to be here)! 


I really like how it turned out, perfect for Spring!  I used a mixture of cartridges, mainly Plantin Schoolbook Fonts, Accent Shapes (for the flowers), and 2 others I can't remember the name (1 is mine and the other is my cousins).  I put it on the top shelf next to our little house plant (it's hanging on!)!  Hopefully later this week, I'll show you the whole book shelf, which I've also added in some Easter decor!  
SpRiNg is in the AiR!
So what do you think, LIKE it or LOVE it?!  (I apologize for the crappy pictures again, took them on my phone!)  It didn't cost me very much to do...about $1.30 for the ceramic tile from Home Depot, and maybe 1 sheet of vinyl which is about $3.33 from Walmart (comes in a package if 3 sheets for $7.99 or something like that).

Have you been doing any Spring decorating?


PS - I also made a baby subway tile for my friend Danielle who is expecting a little girl in July!  I'm seriously in love with how it turned out, it will look perfect in her nursery!  I'm not sure if Danielle reads my blog or not, but I might give you a sneak peak before her shower that me and another girl are throwing her later this month! ;)


Linking up to...
At Home With Haley
It's A Blog Party
The Girl Creative
Today's Creative Blog
The Shabby Chic Cottage
What Allie's Making Now
Somewhat Simple
Paisley's Passions
Lovely Crafty Home
Just a Girl
Not So Homemade

8 comments:

  1. Kayla! So I LOVE the tile and I totally thought you had stopped blogging because I didn't see you on my updated blog list. Turns out that's because you weren't on there! :( Sorry! I have no idea why but I can't add you to my side bar on my web page but I will make sure to keep closer tabs on you through my dashboard! P.S. Thank you so much for your sweet comments all the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you subway art tile. I am a new follower. I would love for you to link it up at our party here
    http://sistersofthewildwest.blogspot.com/2011/03/weekend-features-and-sister-sunday-link_26.html
    Amy
    www.SistersoftheWildWest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zumba's overrated. ;-) This is totally cute! Thanks for linking up on Recipes I Can't Wait to Try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I'm a firm believer of things not having to look cutesy to be festive! This is right up my alley! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crafting over working out is alway my choice too! That is so adorable, I'm in love.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)